I can do this by working from the definition of "half-life": in the given amount of time (in this case, hours.
I do not have the decay constant but, by using the half-life information, I can find it.
Exponential decay radiocarbon dating
The kerosene is purified by removing pollutants, using a clay filter.
Suppose the clay is in a pipe and as the kerosene flows through the pipe, every foot of clay removes 20% of the pollutants, leaving 80%.
This means that we need a pipe that is 10.3 feet long in order for the pollutants to be reduced to 10% of their starting amount.
Archaeologists use the exponential, radioactive decay of carbon 14 to estimate the death dates of organic material.
The stable form of carbon is carbon 12 and the radioactive isotope carbon 14 decays over time into nitrogen 14 and other particles.
Carbon is naturally in all living organisms and is replenished in the tissues by eating other organisms or by breathing air that contains carbon.
Natasha Glydon Exponential decay is a particular form of a very rapid decrease in some quantity.
One specific example of exponential decay is purified kerosene, used for jet fuel.
The amount of Carbon 14 contained in a preserved plant is modeled by the equation $$ f(t) = 10e^.