You are probably reading this article because you’ve noticed a process called Adobe_running in your task manager, or you’ve started getting the popup balloon message in the system tray that there is a new update available, and would like to get rid of it. Important Security Concerns This process is used to update Adobe software, just like the name implies.
if [ -e "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.app" ]; then currentinstalledver=`/usr/bin/defaults read /Applications/Adobe\ Acrobat\ Reader\ DC.app/Contents/Info CFBundle Short Version String` echo "Current installed version is: $currentinstalledver" if [ $ = $ ]; then echo "Adobe Reader DC is current.
Exiting" exit 0 fi else currentinstalledver="none" echo "Adobe Reader DC is not installed" fi ARCurr Vers Normalized=$( echo $latestver | sed -e 's/[.]//g' -e 's/20//' ) echo "ARCurr Vers Normalized: $ARCurr Vers Normalized" url="" url1=" DC/$/Acro Rdr DC_$_MUI.dmg" url2="" #Build URL url=`echo "$$"` echo "Latest version of the URL is: $url" # Compare the two versions, if they are different or Adobe Reader is not present then download and install the new version. = "$" ]; then /bin/echo "`date`: Current Reader DC version: $" $ /bin/rm /tmp/$ #double check to see if the new version got updated newlyinstalledver=`/usr/bin/defaults read /Applications/Adobe\ Acrobat\ Reader\ DC.app/Contents/Info CFBundle Short Version String` if [ "$" = "$" ]; then /bin/echo "`date`: SUCCESS: Adobe Reader has been updated to version $" $ # /Library/Application\ Support/JAMF/bin/jamf Helper.app/Contents/Mac OS/jamf Helper -window Type hud -title "Adobe Reader Updated" -description "Adobe Reader has been updated." & else /bin/echo "`date`: ERROR: Adobe Reader update unsuccessful, version remains at $." @jwojda The whole Acrobat Reader thing is still messing me up -- who in their right mind thought that was a good name for this -- the script itself is awesome and I'm using it in our Yosemite image.
I tried repairing the script myself, but Adobe has changed the versioning scheme to match the other CC products. if [ '`/usr/bin/uname -p`'="i386" -o '`/usr/bin/uname -p`'="x86_64" ]; then ## Get OS version and adjust for use with the URL string OSvers_URL=$( sw_vers -product Version | sed 's/[.]/_/g' ) ## Set the User Agent string for use with curl user Agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X $) Apple Web Kit/535.6.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.2 Safari/535.6.2" # Get the latest version of Reader available from Adobe's About Reader page.
latestver=`` while [ -z "$latestver" ] do latestver=`/usr/bin/curl -s -L -A "$user Agent" https://get.adobe.com/reader/ | grep "Version" | /usr/bin/sed -e 's///g' | /usr/bin/awk ''` done echo "Latest Version is: $latestver" latestvernorm=`echo $ | sed -e 's/20//'` # Get the version number of the currently-installed Adobe Reader, if any.
Newbie here, where do I find the actual Adobe Reader 11.0..09 update?
When I try to download it on my test machine, it just automatically installs through Safari.
I haven't had the chance to contribute yet to the original creator. I'm not sure there is any work around for Adobe screw ups. Just want to chime in to say I have seen the same issue with one of my own scripts that updates Reader DC.
Changes to:line 40: latestver - added a 'cut' to the endline 44: removed 'sed' commandline 59: remove the second 'sed' commandline 63: removed (seems to work fine without it as line 66 is the same)line 83: commented out, added additional line for 'umount' command (found it worked better) These changes with EA looking at: defaults read "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.app/Contents/Info.plist" CFBundle Version Result in one of the following: Script result: Latest Version is: 15.009.20069 Adobe Reader DC is not installed ARCurr Vers Normalized: 1500920069 Latest version of the URL is: DC/1500920069/Acro Rdr DC_1500920069_Hi @ryan.s @millersc !! I can only assume they released '77 and then pulled it for some reason. The current version posted from Adobe seems to be .20069, but I have .20077 installed on my Mac.
Something like rm -rf /applications/Adobe\ Reader.appdefaults write com.apple.
Launch Services LSHandlers -array-add '' The default handler update not be needed, because the DC version uses the same identifier as the non-DC version, not sure if deleting an app will revert this to the Preview app or not.
the vast majority of websites use Adobe Flash, and PDF has become a standard document format…