One year later all collections were on display again on both floors of the museum.
The Prehistoric collection is displayed in rooms 3 to 6 on the ground floor.
Items that are representative of the Mycenaean civilization are on display in room 4 and the smaller room 3.
- accommodating ell in the classroom
- evan peters and emma roberts dating
- www overfiftydating co uk
- bipolar dating symptoms
He redesigned the building’s façade and made several alterations to the original design.
In 1891, the Archaeological Society donated the archaeological finds collected from various excavation projects in Greece to the museum.
The southern wing was completed four years later and the eastern wing in 1889.
The famous architect Ernst Ziller took over the final stages of the project in 1888.
There had been a large sum of money for the building available since 1858.
It was donated by Dimitrios Vernardakis from Saint Petersburg.
The need to create an archaeological museum was felt already since the foundation of the modern Greek State.
The first such museum was founded by Ioannis Kapodistrias in Aegina in 1829 and as soon as Athens became the state capital, the archaeological collections were housed in different premises (the Hephaisteion, the University and the Technical University).
With the many archaeological finds in the 20th century, the museum had to be expanded. During World War II, all the antiquities were placed in boxes and were buried.